Complete Google AdSense Guide: 23 Things You Want to Know
This page is your one-stop destination for learning everything there is to know about AdSense, a complete google AdSense guide. You will learn the basics like creating an AdSense account, and you will learn advanced tips on how to earn more from AdSense.
But, before digging into the google AdSense guide, let’s start with the basics to have a complete picture.
What is Google AdSense?
AdSense is one of the best contextual advertising networks available for publishers, webmaster/website owners, Youtube Channel Owners, and Content writers. It is an advertisement program started by Google. When you place Adsense Code on the website, Contextual ads appear on your website or blog, and publishers get paid when anyone clicks on these ads placed by Ad Networks.
Google Adsense is designed to display text, Video, or Image advertisements on the publisher’s website pages. Publishers get paid when visitors click on those ads or view them. It is one of the most popular options to monetize your content. Please read more further to know more about Google AdSense.
Steps to Google AdSense Approval Process
Google AdSense's approval process has been changed, and it is super easy for new publishers. Here is the new account approval process. Here are the steps to do the same.
Ensure your website is compatible with AdSense; Complete Google AdSense guide:
Wait for one or two weeks to get the final review and approval from the Google AdSense Ad network. AdSense team lets you know the status of your AdSense application.
Now, You can implement ads on your website. That’s all. You start making money.
Usually, it would take up to 48 hours to review your application. Your application approval is notified on your email-id. Meanwhile, the website would start showing ads on your blog. You will start making money. The Google AdSense approval process was simple.
Requirements for Getting Approval of Google AdSense
A few minimum pre-requisite requirements to get your Google AdSense account application approved. These must be met by publishers before you can apply for Google AdSense.
To get approved for AdSense, your website should follow the webmaster quality guidelines.Complete Google AdSense Guide
Here are the pre-requisite requirements to get your Google AdSense account application approved. Complete Google AdSense guide:
- First, one needs to have a website or blog.
- You, Your website and all of its content must comply with AdSense policies and terms and conditions.
- The website or blog must be at least 6 months old.
- The applicant of AdSense must have 18 years old, else, apply using a parent or guardian name.
Please note, Google AdSense reserves the right to decline your Adsense application even if your application meets all the requirements of Adsense.
You may also like to read:
- How to Fix 10 Google Search Console Errors Easily
- Best Ways to Increase Blog Traffic 80% in 6 Months Free
- 4 Reasons Why Use Nofollow Links – Simple & Easy Facts
- WordPress Ping List for Fast Indexing of New Posts
- How to Rank Without Backlinks to Easily Get 1 Million Page Views in 90 Days
Does the Blog of WordPress.com Allow to Add Google AdSense?
No. WordPress.com does not allow Google AdSense code to be added to your website. It will enable only when you upgrade your plan to the business plan.
Google AdSense vs Google AdWords
Advertisers widely use AdWords, whereas, on the other hand, Google AdSense is the most popularly used by Content Publishers.
AdWords enable anyone to advertise on Google.com. While AdSense allows publishers to monetize their websites or blogs. All of this is for earning a valuable sum of money from the relevant AdWords ads. These ads are found to be displayed next to their content.
Google AdWords allows people to advertise on the publisher’s websites. It also includes those participating in the Google AdSense program.
Google AdSense allows publishers to show ads on their websites. It helps to make money from your website.
What are the Most Popular Ad Sizes of AdSense?
The most popular AdSense Ad sizes do not necessarily the best in terms of revenue & user experience. But, they often have the most significant competition for advertisers to fill space.
AdSense AD-Sizes Description of Ad
- 336 x 280 – Large Rectangle
- 300 x 250 – Medium Rectangle
- 728 x 90 – Leaderboard
- 300 x 600 – Half Page
- 320 x 100 – Large Mobile Banner
What are the Optimization Guidelines of Google AdSense?
Here are the optimization guidelines for Google Adsense if you wish to drive up ad competition for space on your website. The Google AdSense optimization best practices are, according to Google,
- Publishers excel to blend, complement, contrast ads &content on the website's webpage.
- While customizing ad styles, use colors that already exist on the site. But don’t match backgrounds and borders. Choose colors that stand out against the background.
- Maximize your ad space with multiple ad units. There is a large inventory of ad types, styles, and sizes.
- Don’t Limit the selections to what you think works best. It is because it limits ad earnings and also impacts negatively for visitors.
- Consider more than what ad sizes advertisers are seeking to place most.
- Showing fewer ads can actually increase revenue.
- Display both text and image ads.
- Showing certain visitors an image ad and others a text ad is optimal to approach the issue.
- Usually, text ads load faster. Best for specific users and devices, but not for others.
How to Add Google AdSense to Website?
To add the Google AdSense Ads to your website, you must do the following described in this Google AdSense guide.
- Go to Adsense Website
- Login to Google Adsense
- Go to Create Ads
- Create All types of ADs and Save code.
- Copy that code and paste it on the Website where you want to place those ads.
What is the Process for Google AdSense Approval?
1. Click on AdSense.com
2. Register for an AdSense account
3. Provide all the correct information about
- Your Name
- Website URL
4. log in to your AdSense account creates AdSense codes.
5. Place the AdSense codes in your website/blog sidebar.
6. Ads will show as blank until the final approval process is done. It may usually take up to 2 weeks for approval. Make sure you don’t remove the ads.
7. After the final AdSense approval, you will get a confirmation email.
8. Once your AdSense earning reaches $10, AdSense will mail you a PIN to your address.
9. log in to your AdSense account, and enter the Pin once you receive it.
Congrats, you have completed all the steps of Google AdSense Login With Account Sign-Up. Further, As soon as your AdSense account reaches $100, Google will send you via wire transfer. For all AdSense payments, It is recommended you enable direct bank transfer for AdSense payments.
What Exactly are the Steps to Make a Google AdSense Account?
AdSense account approval process includes the following steps:
- Sign Up Google AdSense
- Add AdSense code to your web blog.
- Wait while your account is reviewed & either accepted or rejected
Keep your website optimized by ensuring that it’s responsive, which means it works and functions for mobile devices. Using responsive ads is the best way to keep your AdSense words looking and working their best.Complete Google AdSense Guide
Further, it is vital to ensure that your website abides by AdSense guidelines before applying them. Also, make sure to go through the terms and conditions pointed out on the signup web page to learn more.
What is the Very Best AdSense Ad Size?
Google AdSense supports a variety of ad sizes. Optimizing your website’s Google AdSense ads is a great way to generate more ad revenue. We’ve found AdSense earning a direct correlation between the number of ad sizes and placements.
We all know ad placement is usually a key factor. Other than that, It is discovered that the very best sizes are 336×280 and 300×250. These advertisements tend to fit on all screen sizes & also have the best pay rate.
Below are the highest performing Google AdSense banner sizes and formats to maximize your AdSense earning.
- 336 x 280 Large rectangle ads: It’s Performs well when embedded within text content or at the end of articles. Due to its size and ideal placement next to the content.
- 300 x 250 Medium rectangle ads: It’s Performs well when embedded within text content or at the end of articles. Medium rectangle ads ad format supports both display and text ads. This ad unit fits in the sidebar or inside the content area.
- 728 x 90 leaderboard ads: Performs well if placed above main content, tablet-optimized pages, and on forum sites. It supports both text and image ad formats and it’s ideal to be placed on top of the website.
- 160 x 600 wide skyscraper ads: It’s a vertical banner ad that is designed specifically for narrow sidebars. You can place the Wide Skyscraper in the sidebar or next to the content for the best results.
What is the Very Best AdSense Placement?
Usually, It depends upon the layout of the theme. The aim is to get even more clicks. It means you want to put your advertisements in a far more prominent spot. Studies show that ads within post content near the top of the screen tend to get more clicks from the audience.
While analyzing it further, always make sure that you don’t violate Google Adsense TOS. If you violate TOS, your account may get banned from Google Adsense.
Some ad types available with AdSense include:
- Display ads. These are image banners, which are available in dimensions such as full-page leaderboards and small buttons. Pure text ads, formerly in a standalone category, have now been combined under this type.
- In-feed native ads. You can display this type of ad in RSS and blog feeds. Note that you’ll need some development skills to use them as you can’t simply copy and paste the necessary code into the feed.
- In-article native ads. Similar to in-feed ads, you can intersperse these between paragraphs in your posts and display them as recommended reading or related content.
Can Someone Click Own AdSense Ads?
It is highly advisable not to do this as Google’s algorithm is very smart and detects all invalid clicks made on your own advertisements. This can get you banned from the Google Adsense program.
What is Page RPM?
RPM is Income per Mille. It means income per thousand impressions (as 1k impressions). It is calculated by multiplying the total number of clicks & CostPer Click (CPC) and dividing that by the total number of page views.
Some terminologies that are commonly used in Google AdSense are:
CPC: Cost Per Click — Publishers get when visitors click on the Ads. It could be from 10 cents to $2 or even more.
Money earned =CPC X No. of Clicks/day.
CTR: Click Through Rate — How many visitors click on those ads. If 100 people came to your site and only one of them clicks, then CTR is 1%, if 2 clicks, then CTR 3%, if 3 clicks, then 4%.
Views: Total number of impressions blogger receives for his blog.
Visitors: How many people came to your blog.
What is Page RPM in Google AdSense?
Revenue Per Mille (RPM) means revenue per 1k impressions. It is calculated by multiplying the total number of clicks & price per click and dividing it by the total number of page views.
Google AdSense Approval Tips
There are many parameters the Google AdSense approval team looks for; before approving your account. Below is some Google AdSense approval checklist that we managed to collect with all the websites, and I get approval every time using them as guidelines.
1. User-Friendly Interface:
Google always looks for a clean, informative, and user-friendly website interface. You should use a fast-loading, mobile-friendly theme for your website with a straightforward navigation menu and breadcrumbs to help your visitors and Google bot find essential pages.
We recommend you to use GeneratePress theme or Astra WordPress themes. Both are freemium and SEO-friendly. We personally use the GeneratePress theme. It comes with a super-fast loading speed with a good navigation menu and breadcrumbs options.
The better your website looks and works more is the chance to get AdSense approved for your site. For website speed optimization, you can use the WP Rocket cache plugin.
2. Unique Content:
AdSense doesn’t approve blogs with copy-pasted copyright content. Write some unique, high-quality, in-depth, and well-optimized blog posts above 800-1000 words. If your website content is poorly written (non-SEO Friendly) and has grammatical mistakes, Google will reject the blog right away.
You can use Rank Math SEO plugin for on-page SEO to optimize content and Grammarly for checking plagiarism and Grammatical errors. Your website should have enough content with a meta title and description tag.
Many websites are available for creating Terms, privacy policies, and disclaimer pages. Using WordPress, you can use WP Forms plugins to make a nice-looking contact us page.
4. Domain Age:
Apply for AdSense when your website gets a minimum of 45 days old. Old authority websites get approval within 24 hours. It’s doesn’t mean a new website with quality content, and organic traffic is not eligible for AdSense.
You need to know a few basic things before you apply for AdSense.
- Make sure your age 18+ because you have to verify your identity.
- You have to connect your website search console, Google analytics, and make a proper sitemap, robots.txt, and submit it to Google webmaster tools.
- You have to remove other companies Ads from your website before you apply for AdSense.
- If you are using WordPress then make sure you using AdSense optimized themes.
- Don’t use any free domain & hosting services for your website. Currently, Google doesn’t approve blogs with some free domain extensions.
After maintaining a blog by following all the tips mentioned above, you can apply for Google AdSense and quickly get AdSense approval for your new blog.
Can you make use of Blogger or Youtube AdSense Accounts With WordPress?
Yes, you can do that by following the below steps.
- Go to your AdSense account.
- Under ‘My Ads,’ select the ‘Other Products’ option.
- You should click ‘Upgrade Now.’
- Fill up the application form.
Things You Must do Before Applying for Google Adsense?
- Always Write High-Quality Articles as Google loves High-quality articles beneficial for people.
- Create Privacy Page, About Us Page, Contact Us Page, for Your Website
- For Best Performance Optimize & Improve Website Design
- Use A Top Level Domain
- Remove any other Ad Networks.
- Unique & Fresh Content consumable by the audience
- Organic Traffic (Not mandatory)
When and How Does Google AdSense Pay Publishers?
Every month, Google AdSense calculates your prior month’s earnings and shows them on your “Transactions” page. If your profits match the mandatory threshold, in that case, your payment is prepared & released by the 21st of this month.
Multiple payment methods, including direct electronic transfer, wire transfer, check, Western Union, and other options, are available.
Why my Application for Google AdSense Rejected?
Google Adsense rejects your application if your website doesn’t meet the AdSense program policies and their terms and conditions.
When Does AdSense Send Verification Pin?
Google sends a verification pin only when we make $10 and display it in our Adsense account. After that, Adsense sends PIN simply by velocity post or courier.
How to Verify Google AdSense Pin?
As soon as the publisher’s AdSense account reaches 10$ and displays it on the AdSense account, the Google Adsense team sends PIN either by speed post or courier with 30days.
What If I Don’t Get AdSense Pin?
Let’s assume; if you don’t get a PIN on the first attempt, you can apply it three times for PIN verification.
If Still, you don’t get a PIN on our mailing address, you fill-up the online form on your Adsense account and submit it to Adsense along with ID proof. Within 2-3days, your account to get verified online from Google Adsense.
Can I Have More Than one Account of Google AdSense?
No, You can not. According to the Adsense Policies, only 1 account can be created by a publisher. It strictly means that one cannot create multiple accounts with the same name or information.
Of course, A new account can be created with your family information.
Can I Operate Multiple Adsense Accounts With the Same Laptop or Computer?
Yes, you can do this as long as all the accounts are different.
More interesting topics for you:
- 13 Honest Reasons Why You Should not Start a Blog
- Earn 10-50 Dollars Daily From Google AdSense With Easy Tips
- Optimize Backlinks Strategies With These Do’s and Don’ts
- 15 Best WordPress Tips to Boost Website Rankings
- Best Secrets to Make 50 Dollars a Day With Adsense
What Should be Maximum CTR be?
Usually, From 1% to 5% is a great CTR. However, It is also possible to get more than that. Once you get it, you should focus on making it a great CTR for youtube or blog pages.
When and How I Get AdSense Money?
Any publisher makes 100$ on a Google Adsense account; Adsense sends money via wire transfer.
For non-hosted accounts such as blogs or websites), They will update the payment on the 1st of every month. In the case of a hosted account such as YouTube, they will update your payment on every month's 12th date.
Further, Google finalizes earnings & sends them to you on the 22nd of every month by wire transfer. Depending upon the bank, you will receive your payment as specified around 5 to 6 days of the time.
What are the Reasons to Suspend Google Adsense Account?
Several known reasons to block or suspend a Google Adsense account. The most typical one out of it is usually “invalid click.”
Make sure the content you are posting and publishing on your website or YouTube account is actually valuable. Your audience can tell right away if you’re creating content just for the sake of getting them to your website so that they’ll see an ad.Complete Google AdSense Guide
Therefore, always ensure that you follow Google Adsense terms & conditions & keep a tab on the policy changes. Else, you can get yourself a penalty/suspension from the Google Adsense program.
Google AdSense Pros and Cons
Still wondering if AdSense is suitable for your site? Weigh the pros and cons below, and then decide.
Pros of AdSense: Google AdSense Guide
It’s free, and your ads are created by Google. This saves you money, and the time you might otherwise have to spend making your own designs and optimizing them.
Another advantage is placing ads on multiple sites from a single account. This can come in handy if you’re running several businesses and you want to monetize them all with ads.
Note that you can also customize your ads’ looks and choose how to display them. For example, they can be rich images or plain text.
Finally, since ads are a form of passive income, you don’t have to put in a lot of effort to see returns.
Cons of AdSense: Google AdSense Guide
There are a few cons you’ll want to be aware of as well. One disadvantage of using AdSense is that you will only get paid after you’ve earned at least $100. You’re also limited to Google and can’t use any other ad network in conjunction with it.
Additionally, your account can be shut down at any time for reasons ranging from policy violations to click fraud. If you’re only monetizing your site with ads, this could result in a massive loss of income.
Notably, although ads can be a source of passive income, they require a lot of traffic to make decent money. Your site needs to rank highly on Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs) to be visible enough to draw the number of visitors you’ll need to start seeing returns.
Finally, this may be the most crucial drawback—some visitors may see ads as unprofessional or annoying. You don’t want to lose out on opportunities to grow your audience. This is a crucial reason to consider monetizing your site in other ways.
FAQs About Complete Google AdSense Guide
How much does AdSense pay per 1000 views?
The short answer is- PER 1,000 views; for example, you can make somewhere between $5 — $12 in Canada, depending on your niche. (Some niches are more profitable than others.)
Is AdSense still profitable?
AdSense is free and easy to set up, but it only works if you get the traffic that makes it profitable. So the valid question is: can you still get high traffic on a blog or website to earn more with AdSense? The answer is yes – but very few people succeed at it.
What is the difference between Google AdWords and AdSense?
AdWords allows businesses to bid for advertising space in the Google search results and other Google-affiliated properties. AdSense will enable publishers and website owners to sell ad space to companies.
Wrapping Up: Complete Google AdSense Guide
While there are now several ways to make money online, like starting your own online store, monetizing your website with AdSense is a quick and easy way to earn a profit from your content. If you’re running a blog with a large following, it won’t be long before AdSense starts paying off for you. But, be aware that not every internet user likes to see ads on the websites or videos they visit – especially if they’re large and overall in the user experience.
You won’t earn money on ads, no matter how many you place, if your hard-earned readers or watchers turn away immediately. Monitor user reactions to your website’s ads and work to provide the best experience while still making a profit.