Daily, we can see a lot of Facebook accounts getting hacked. People were confused about what to do when their accounts got hacked. So, the question is how to recover a hacked Facebook account?
Nowadays, even elders are using Facebook a lot. But they might not have some technical knowledge about this hacking stuff. We decided to write a simple procedure about recovering a hacked Facebook account that might help all people. Follow these simple recovery steps, noted below, to recover a hacked Facebook account.
How to Recognize a Hacked Facebook Account?
Here are some key points that symbolize a hacked Facebook account:
- The Facebook email address has been changed
- The password of your Facebook account has been changed
- Date of Birth has been changed
- Unknown people have been added to your Facebook friend list
- Friend requests have been sent from your account on your behalf
- You see some posts on your account that you have not made
- Messages have been sent from your account that you aren't aware of
- Your Facebook account has been disabled all of a sudden
So, these were some of the signs that you will notice when a Facebook account gets hacked or compromised.
Popular Hacking Methods
You must be wondering how your Facebook account got hacked even when you were so particular about its security and used all the methods to secure it. Hacker doesn't need to be your closed one to get your login details. Several techniques are currently used to get your account and steal your data; have a look:
- Keylogging- Keylogging is used for surveillance purposes, however, it can also be used for hacking where hackers use software to record the keystrokes made by a user, ultimately stealing the login details.
- Phishing- Phishing is done by creating a fake portal that will exactly look like the Facebook login page and when you will use that to log in to your FB account, your login details will automatically reach the hackers.
- Stored Passwords- Have you saved your password on the browser of a public computer or device? This can get it hacked as someone else could easily get into your account or might change the password as well.
Quick Steps to Recover a Hacked Facebook Account
You may also like to read:
- 13 Honest Reasons why you Should not Start a Blog
- Solutions to Earn 10-50 Dollars Daily from Google Adsense Easily
- 15 Best WordPress Tips to Boost Website Rankings
- 9 Best Secrets to Make 50 Dollars a Day With Adsense
- How to Install WhatsApp on PC and Fix Problems With Windows 10
Try to do the recovery process from a device you usually use (or) a location (Ip Address) you typically use for your Facebook account. If you perform the process from a recognized device or location, Facebook will think that you're the actual owner and help you gain back your account more quickly.
It was sad to see no contact number or support number where any user can contact the Facebook representative and report the issue.How to Recover a Hacked Facebook Account
Even if you don't care about your Facebook account, we strongly recommend changing the individual logins or tightening your Facebook security to secure third-party accounts.
Quick Facebook Recovery Links
Here are the best Facebook recovery links to try to gain access to your hacked Facebook account:
What my Account is Compromised?
First-of-all, you have to visit the “My Account Is Compromised” page on Facebook. So click here to visit that page. Now click the “My Account Is Compromised” button, and you'll be redirected to the ‘Find Your Account page. You have to identify your Facebook account by entering your email id or username or phone number, or your profile's full name.
Pro tip to Recover a Hacked Facebook Account
If the hacker has changed your email id or phone number in your account to prevent you from recovering, try to search by entering the username.
The hacker can change your email id mobile no, but he cannot change your username, which you already set. So we hope that you understand our logic. Or even try searching by your profile name.
Then what if you don't know what is your username? or forgot?
You can ask any of your friends to go to your profile in his friend's list and ask them to tell you what your username is, which you kept earlier.
As of now, unless you successfully identify your account, you cannot recover a hacked Facebook account. So first, try to identify your account using all the tips mentioned above.
Reset Your Password to Recover a Hacked Facebook Account
So once you've identified your account, it will ask you to ‘Enter a Current or Old Password.' Of course, if you know the current password, you won't be here on this page. So enter your old password, which you kept for that account.
When you enter your old password, it will ask you to ‘Reset Your Password.' So click it. So, now you should be on the ‘Reset Your Password‘ page.
Well, here there are 2 cases:
If you can see your email id or mobile number and access them, use any of those options to reset the password. So follow the following steps on the screen, and you'll successfully gain your account. That's it. Now you can leave this post.
If the hacker has also hacked your email account, or maybe he removed the existing email id or mobile number in your Facebook account, then click the option “No longer have access to these?“.
So when you click ‘No longer have access to these?‘, you'll be redirected to the ‘How can we reach you?' page. Now enter your new email id or phone no so that Facebook will send you further details about your account recovery process.
Why can Recovery Process be Different for Everyone?
When you enter your new email id or mobile number, it'll take you to a page with any one of the 4 cases below depending upon your profile settings; we mean, it varies from profile to profile.
Recover a Hacked Facebook Account Process Case A:
“Ask your trusted contacts for help” (If you have already set “Trusted contacts” to your Facebook account)
Recover a Hacked Facebook Account Process Case B:
“Ask your friends for help” (If you haven't set “Trusted contacts” to your Facebook account)
More Interesting topics for you:
- How to View – Mirror Phone Screen on PC for Free
- How to Get 50k Monthly Visitors to Your Blog
- 89 High Domain Authority DoFollow Article Submission Sites
- How to Easily Open WebP Images in Windows 10 Solutions
- How to Enable Mobile Data in Airplane Mode
Recover a Hacked Facebook Account Process Case C:
“Filling the Form – I Can't Log In” (If you haven't set “Trusted contacts” to your Facebook account (or) If you haven't set email address)
Recover a Hacked Facebook Account Process Case D:
“Answer Your Security Question” (If you had set “Security Question” to your Facebook account before, as of now, we can't find any option of “Security Questions” in our ‘Profile Settings')
Create New Strong Password
If you get either Case A or Case B, you'll be asked to choose a new password after recovering your Facebook account. So, create a new strong password.
Or if you got Case C, then after submitting your ID picture, Facebook staff will review it, and you'll get a message from them to your new email inbox of which you have submitted.
Based on the ID picture you submitted in the mail, they will respond and guide you to the following recovery steps.
If Security Question Option is Disabled to Recover Hacked Facebook Account
Let's assume that if you got Case D, Which is no longer provided by Facebook officially, but even though we were guiding this case too just for our readers' safety,
So when you have successfully answered your security question, then you'll be asked to choose a new password. So, create a new strong password.
After you choose a new password, you'll get a message to your new email inbox of which you have submitted. So in that message, there will be a link that Facebook will give to confirm your identity. So click it.
When you click that link, you have successfully recovered your account. Now all you need to do is – to come back after 24hrs. After 24 hrs, log in to your Facebook with a new email id new password.
Bypassing 2FA: Two-Factor Authentication
If the hacker has implemented it, it is still possible to bypass Two-Factor Authentication. If you are prompted with the screen below when attempting to log in, select “Need another way to authenticate.” The following pop-up should appear after that:
Once that is done, you can click “Submit a request to facebook.” The following facebook asks you to fill in the name of your account and your cell service provider. It will also ask you to upload a government-approved ID.
After you fill out this form, you should respond in about 48 hours to a week. However, because of the pandemic, Facebook is taking longer to check your ID.
What to do When Your Facebook Account Hacked?
The easiest way is to go to your email inbox and open the mail about which Facebook sent you when someone logged in or changed your password, and click the link in that email and follow the guidelines mentioned in it.
It works in all situations, even if the hacker has changed the mail address and anything else. Remember to keep your email Inbox secure at high priority than anything else. Never use the same password for your Facebook account and email account.
Tips to Secure your Facebook Account
Your Facebook account will not be hacked if you take extra precautions to keep it safe. If you've recovered your Facebook account after it was hacked, here are some tips to keep it safe:
- Apart from setting up a strong password, you can enable two-step verification for your Facebook account so that if someone will try to log in from a new device you will get a notification on your mobile device; that time you can immediately change your password.
- You can also add your friends as trusted contacts so that even if the hacker has changed your email address and password, you can get the help of your friends for recovery.
- Make sure to use a strong password that is unique i.e. you haven’t used the same password on any other website.
- Don’t log in to your Facebook account on unknown devices or if you do so, immediately change the password after your session on that device; also, make sure to completely log out of that device.
- Never connect your device to an untrusted Wi-Fi connection as this can also result in hacking.
- You can also use an authentication app such as Google Authenticator to generate verification codes for extra security.
FAQs: Recover a Hacked Facebook Account
Which are urgent steps to take when your Facebook account gets hacked?
If you can't log in, report it to Facebook, and change all of your passwords. Double-check all your permissions and tighten your login access. Let your friends know and review all your privacy settings.
Can I get my hacked Facebook account back?
In most cases, yes, you can get back your hacked account. We assume that you still have access to your email and mobile device.
How long will it take Facebook to recover my account?
Facebook will respond to your request within 1 to 3 days, and you will recover your account back quickly.
Final Words on How to Recover a Hacked Facebook Account
These are the ways through which you can recover your hacked account. Though your account was hacked, have you ever wondered why it happened in the first place? It would help to make your Facebook account safe and secure. To do so, you must be clear about never using the Facebook password for any other accounts you own. This will help secure your Facebook profile if any different account of yours has been hacked.
We hope you'll find this tutorial helpful for you to regain your hacked Facebook account. If you have any doubts or problems regarding this recovery process, you can ask in the comments below, and we will try our best to answer you.
To catch your cheating spouse